Your pension with StiPP

If you are a temporary worker, payroller or a seconded employee in the flexible employment sector, you may be accruing pension capital at StiPP. If you no longer work in the flexible employment sector, the pension capital you have accrued still belongs to you. You’ll find the most important information about your pension on this page.

When you have pension capital at StiPP

If you work in the flexible employment sector, you accrue pension capital. Money goes into your pension investment account every month. That money is invested. The money deposited and the investment proceeds together make up your pension capital. When you retire you can use your pension capital to buy lifelong pension benefits. The amount of your pension therefore depends on the amount of money put in, the return on your investment and the cost of buying pension benefits. 

Are you about to retire? Read more about applying for pension benefits.

When you are no longer a member of StiPP’s pension plan

If you cease to be a member the pension capital already accrued still belongs to you. If this accrued pension works out at less than € 592,51 a year, the money will be paid out as a lump sum after two years*. We call this commutation. If you are eligible for commutation, StiPP will send you a proposal if you live in the Netherlands. If you live abroad, you will have to apply for commutation yourself.

If you live abroad

Inform StiPP of your mailing address. Only then can we inform you about your pension. Please do the same if you change addresses while living in a country other than The Netherlands.

If you live abroad and receive a pension from StiPP

Every year, you will have to complete the form ‘Bewijs van in leven zijn’ at a Dutch Embassy, Dutch Consulate, your local registry of births, marriages and deaths or at a local civil-law notary to prove that you are still alive. Send this form to StiPP once a year. If you fail to do so, the payments of your retirement pension will cease.

Frequently asked questions

Can I cash in my pension?

This is possible if you meet two conditions. Your pension must be no higher than € 592,51 a year (2024) and you must have left the company more than two years ago, but no later than 1-1-2018*. If you live abroad, you will have to apply for this commutation yourself using the contact form. If you live in the Netherlands, you will receive a proposal from StiPP automatically. 

*If you have stopped accruing pension with StiPP after January 1, 2018, your small pension capital cannot be cashed in anymore. A small pension is less than € 592,51 a year (2024). Starting from 2019, StiPP is legally obligated to pass your accrued pension on to your next pension provider, whenever you change jobs. This is called automatic transfer of value.

In the past, StiPP was allowed to commute small pensions two years after your leaving the company. If you have left your company after January 1st, 2018, this is no longer possible. 

Commutation is only possible in the following cases:

  • If StiPP has tried to transfer the accrued pension value to the next pension provider at least five times in the course of five years, without success.
  • If you retire and there is no other pension provider to transfer the accrued pension value to. 

I’m nearly 65, when can I retire?

You can choose when you would like to retire. Read more about applying for your retirement pension.

Can I get a copy of my pension statement?

If you received a pension statement in 2015 or a following year, you can download your pension statement in Mijn StiPP Pensioen. You will need to log in first with DigiD. If you don’t have a DigiD, you can request a copy of your pension statement using the contact form.  

How can I give you my new address?

If you move abroad, you will need to inform us of your new address. This applies also if you already live abroad and you change addresses there. StiPP will not be informed of your new address automatically. Inform us of your new address through the contact form.

Do I need to register my partner?

You don’t need to register your partner. StiPP will contact your surviving dependants if you die.